Welcome to my first blog for cool mindz.
As your transformation coach, I want to show you how to bring long lasting transformation into your life. The techniques and lessons for cool mindz are covered in my one to one sessions or workshops, but to bring you into the world of cool mindz, here is a taste of what you can expect and a little background.
In the 30 years I spent working as a professional actress, I gathered up some important principles or tools, which were extremely useful in making a success out of my career. I used the same principles to recover from my journey with breast cancer, and finally I am able to share these principals with you as your transformation coach for cool mindz.
Let’s begin with my 8 principles for transformation.
- How to surrender
- How to develop your own method of coping with life or healing
- How to create a space to really dig deep and get to know yourself
- How to access more of your intuition
- How to find creative ways of connecting to the present moment
- How to be courageous and speak your truth
- How to overcome fear
- How to be of service to others
As your transformation coach, I will find moments in your one to one sessions, to share more details about these principles which will help you to gain a deeper understanding, so you can implement these ideas into your own life.
This journey is really all about you, but to give you a little background, I want to tell you a little about myself and how I came to grow these principles in my own life.
What I learnt from being an actor.
- There were many occasions when I was thrown into the deep end as an actor. I was asked to go to places within myself in order to serve the characters I was playing. I couldn’t have done this without surrendering. Acting is surrendering.
- It took some time to be brave enough, but I found my own method of creating my characters that eventually became my second skin.
- I put great effort into how I layered the characters that I played. I dug deep and interrogated my ideas in order to shape each one.
- I used my intuition. As an untrained actor, with no direct link to any method of how to act, I was able to be free in my approach and use my instincts to guide me to the right outcome for my character.
- As an actor, if you are not in the present moment you’re in trouble. To convey the right emotions and to really connect to the essence of your character, you have to be in the here and now.
- It’s difficult to be a good actor without truth. Once you’re standing in front of the audience and you’ve left all of your preparation behind, the only thing left that you can rely on, is truth.
- Fear can stop an actor from stepping into opportunity. Fear of not being good enough, interesting enough or basically, just enough. Fear of forgetting your lines can be crippling. I’ve managed to be relatively fearless in my career which I’m very grateful for.
- I haven’t always been comfortable in the spotlight. My biggest desire has always been to be of service to others. Teaching and sharing whatever knowledge I had of acting brought me the biggest joy.
How I took the same principles and applied them to my cancer journey.
When I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2018, I approached my journey very much in the same way as I perhaps would have as an actor.
- I surrendered immediately and relied on my longstanding method of meditation and faith in God to lead me in the right direction.
- I dug deep and investigated the ideas around why I thought cancer had come into my life.
- I used my intuition to guide me through the decisions I had to make, which were often entirely uncomfortable and uncertain.
- I lived every day in the present moment. I had no choice but to, as most things weren’t within my control.
- I spoke my truth to anyone and everyone who had a role to play in my treatment and recovery.
- Because I was rooted in faith and all the other things already mentioned, there was little, to no fear.
- The doors to being of service to others opened up when I began sharing my journey through cancer on my blog, safespaces.blog
How I will use these 8 principles as your transformation coach.
- With great practice in the art of surrendering, we will find the best ways for you to do the same.
- The methods I use in cool mindz have been developing over years and have been adapted and brought to life for your benefit.
- I’ve been asked several times to dig deep into the resources I have as a result of dealing with life and the challenges that came with my personal journey, which I will be sharing with you.
- Each idea that has come to me for cool mindz has been birthed by an instinct. We will use our intuition to take us to where we need to go in each session.
- The creative exercises we do in our sessions really open up a space for you to be invested in the present moment.
- I’m at a point in my journey where I feel that truth needs to speak clearly through us all and we shouldn’t be prepared to compromise.
- I am no stranger to the subject of fear and really enjoy tackling this particular topic. I look forward to assisting you in releasing your fears and embracing the unknown.
- There really is no greater pleasure than to be able to serve others and I’m looking forward to taking on the role of your transformation coach.
Thanks for reading and hope to see you soon!
You can find My journey through cancer blog at safespaces.blog